Mobile App & Web Site Development
Update: Feb. 25
A last minute bug fix made resubmission to the App Store necessary. Look for the update as soon as it is approved by Apple, which typically takes 1 to 2 weeks.
An update is in the process of being submitted to Apple for release in the App Store.
- new! Schedule chime start and stop hours
- New! Time spoken aloud when VoiceOver is enabled and the clock is tapped
- New higher quality tick-tock sound
- Fixed Whittington quarter hour chime
- Fixed instance where the Gong chime did not sound when the app was in the foreground with frequency set to 15 minutes
- Fixed failure of chime to sound when VoiceOver was enabled
An update to Grand Clock that fixed crashing problems in testing has been submitted to the App Store and should be available sometime between September 25-29.
Everything in Grand Clock works the same as with previous versions of the Apple software. One thing about the new iPhone 5S is that more people may be setting their iPhone to be passcode (fingerprint) locked. In that case, the background chime will not sound when the iPhone is passcode locked. That was also true in iOS 6.
The volume of the chimes when played in the background is still controlled by the volume setting in Settings > Sound > Ringer and Alerts. It is also still muted when the silent switch is in the silent position.